Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Vogue 1439, kind of

Has it REALLY been more than three months since I've posted?  I guess moving really takes it out of me!  Well, I am pretty much settled into Pennsylvania now.  There are still plenty of pictures to hang on the walls and rooms to be painted, but I have been in my new sewing space quite a bit lately, and I have some things to show for it.  

First up is some pink pants.  These are not at all my favorite pants ever.  :-(  They came out pretty baggy, probably due to the stretchy fabric, and I forgot to lower the front rise, so they sit higher on the waist than I'd like.  I'm trying to embrace them as more of a casual chino style than the skinny pants I am used to wearing these days.  We'll see...

 I used the same pattern as my favorite red pants, Vogue 1439.  I think the problems are, as I said above, the fabric is stretchier than the red, and I didn't lower the rise.  I also added some standard pockets, going for more of a jeans look.  That makes it harder to adjust the width at the hips later.
 Looking at this side view, I'm kind of hating the combo of the leg width and where it hits at the hem.  Ugh.  I am thinking maybe just taking in the side seams an inch or two and see what happens.  It couldn't hurt to try.
 The fit is good, though.  I just don't love how the style turned out.  The look great in the back!
Today, I tried to wear them more casually, rolled up a bit and with sneakers.  I like them more today, but I still don't love them, and they have grown through the day.  The fabric is a stretch denim from JoAnns, but it's a very lightweight denim.  
What do you think?  Leave them as is?  Take in the side seams?  Just let them go?

14 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back. I think they look great. I actually think the skinny leg look is getting tiring and will soon give way to something else. They look really nice rolled up with your sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's time for me to move on from skinnies!

      Delete
  2. I like them with the sneakers too. Such a nice colour tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it HAS been a while, you've been missed! Glad you survived your move. The fit on your pants is good! I've learned that fabric choices can make a good fitting pattern go bad the hard way! Maybe if you do a small side seam adjustment you will be happier with the fit. I think they look darn cute as is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rolled up and worn with sneakers I think they're adorable and offer a fun twist on a classic! The fit in the hips and waist looks great- glad to see you settling in in your new home and making it back to your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them. The colour is pretty on you and the fit looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think your move was quite timely! Good to see you posting again. I actually started blogging last December. longislandsewing.blogspot.com and....... Threads just published an article for me ! I'm so excited ! There is life after retirement if you try hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! 7 years there and no hurricanes. All my friends there appear to be safe. Congratulations on your new blog and article! :-)

      Delete
  7. Glad to see you back!! The pants are cute, an awesome fit in the back, and cute with the rolled hem and sneakers! I say take in the side seam a bit and see if you like them better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may yet. Maybe I'll reevaluate in spring, since it is most definitely fall here!

      Delete
  8. I am so happy to see you settled in to your new home and back blogging again! Yes, you truly have been missed. I love the pants on you both ways, you've always had a very keen eye for style to me! However, if you're like me and on the fence, you will not be satisfied until you do something about them. I agree with Tampa Bay Lisa. Miss you much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)